At St. Petersburg General Hospital it is our mission to provide excellent healthcare service to the residents and visitors in St. Petersburg and the surrounding area. For the past 40 years, our staff has continuously treated patients, families and the community with respect, dignity and loyalty while striving to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our services. The hospital also offers an advanced family practice medical graduate education program.
Accreditations and Certifications
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center, received awarded the Silver Performance Achievement Award for Stroke Care, is an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and is an Accredited Breast Center with Digital Imaging & CAD (ACR).
Putting Patients First
As part of our commitment to excellence and providing quality healthcare, St. Petersburg General Hospital, along with the HCA Hospitals of Pinellas County, recently took part in the launch of the hCare Electronic Health Record (EHR) initiative. This electronic medical records system allows doctors at the hospital to quickly and easily access patients’ medical information, helping improving quality and patient safety.
· hCare Hub: Individual physician practices can link to our hCare system, which includes all HCA hospitals. This gives physicians access to real-time patient information from the hospital.
· PACS: This system converts diagnostic scans like x-rays, CT scans, and MRI into digital files that can be shared and stored electronically. Radiology technicians no longer have to wait for film to develop, and patients no longer have to manually deliver their scans to each health care provider.
· Voice Recognition: Radiologists can interpret their scan results by speaking, rather than dictating. PACS and voice recognition reduce the turnaround time on diagnostic scans to as little as 30 minutes.
· eMAR: Our electronic barcoding system allows caregivers to scan each medication at the patient’s bedside. eMAR will help to eliminate medication errors.
· MUSE: This specialized system which digitizes EKG tracings so physicians can review, diagnose and treat heart patients within seconds.
· ER Wait Times: The average wait time at St. Petersburg General Hospital is consistently significantly lower than the nation average of one hour. The wait time represents the time it takes to see a qualified medical professional, defined as a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP). You may view the average ER Wait Time on the hospital’s website, by texting ER to 23000 or by downloading the iTriage app.
Centers of Excellence
Our facility offers St. Petersburg and the surrounding area a full range of healthcare services:
For more information about St. Petersburg General Hospital, log onto our website at www.StPeteGeneral.com. You can also call our free Consult-A-Nurse® hotline 24/7 at 1-877-4-HCA-DOCS (1-877-442-2362).