In the United States, millions of people suffer from heart disease, a broad term that encompasses many cardiology conditions such as coronary heart disease, irregular heartbeats, heart infections, and heart defects. One of the goals of our Chest Pain Center is to educate the St. Petersburg community about chest pain, heart attack, and stroke symptoms, so they can protect their health. We also strive to provide the most effective treatment for people who suffer from heart-related issues and heart attacks.
We have succeeded in the following areas:
- Implementing a plan to diagnose and treat patients quickly and efficiently
- Collaborating with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing and improving procedures and protocols
- Ensuring the appropriate training for all staff
- Developing a system the provides the best possible care
- Through outreach programs, educating the community about heart attack symptoms and getting prompt medical treatment
Due the impressive efforts our staff, the Chest Pain Center was recently re-accredited for another three years by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC). This re-accreditation illustrates that St. Petersburg General Hospital has met the criteria set forth by the SCPC and completed its on-site evaluations.
Our doctors, nurses, and other professionals are committed to keeping the people of our community as healthy as they can be. We are proud to promote heart health, and we encourage all our patients to talk to their physicians about any cardiology concerns they have.
Need a physician referral? Just call our Consult-A-Nurse® service at 1-888-741-5122.
St. Petersburg General Hospital