Find how how calling Consult-A-Nurse can help you with your healthcare questions.
Ever turned to Facebook or called a relative with a medical question? You might have received an accurate answer, but you also ran the risk of being misinformed. When it comes to your family’s health, it’s important to receive accurate information and advice. Next time you have a medical question, you need to make an appointment with a doctor, or you’d like to register for health-related classes, try calling Consult-A-Nurse at 1-888-741-5122.
What to Expect
When you call Consult-A-Nurse, you’ll speak directly to a nurse or referral specialist who can help you with your questions. The representative on the phone may:
- Share medical information with you regarding various conditions
- Help you register for health-related classes, such as birthing or breastfeeding classes
- Refer you to a specialist
- Help you make a doctor’s appointment
- Register you to attend relevant health-related events
- Give you doctors’ office hours and location
- Locate doctors and specialists who are accepting new patients
- Answer questions regarding symptoms and care
- Advise you on whether or not you should visit a doctor or the ER
What Not to Expect
When you call Consult-A-Nurse, the nurse will not diagnose any medical conditions.
When you call, be prepared with a notepad and your questions. If you’re calling about a health condition, have a list of symptoms on hand and know how long you or your child has been experiencing them. Remember, you should follow up with your doctor on any healthcare issues you might have.
At St. Petersburg General Hospital, protecting your health is our top priority. When you have questions, just call Consult-A-Nurse at 1-888-741-5122.